The meeting of the Union Board was organised remotely on Friday, 12 November.
The following issues were decided upon:
– the Union’s positions on the universities’ education responsibility proposal
– the union meeting will be organised in a hybrid format and interpreted
– union meeting agenda and proposals for the union meeting
– Academic of the Year 2021
– first version of the Union’s collective agreement goals
– member register reform
– FUURT remuneration recommendations
– status of the membership fee reform
– Current issues from Akava as well as the status of the JUKO term of office 2022–23 and FUURT representation in decision-making bodies.
– Acatiimi editor Tuomo Tamminen / Tmi Päälause has announced that he will stop making the magazine in spring 2022. The magazine reform is progressing as planned.
— OAJ’s Digiä ja keitaita report with Haaga-Helia was published on 12 November. The report examined how digitality, remote work and arrangements during the pandemic have affected the work of higher education teaching and development personnel and what teaching looks like now and in the coming years.
– FUURT’s recommendations to support democracy within universities were published on the website during the union meeting week and will be delivered to the associations in the next association letter.
The Union’s latest opinions:
– to the Ministry of Education and Culture concerning copyright legislation
– to the Parliament on HE 177/2021 vp Government proposal to the Parliament concerning the Act on the National Research Information Hub.
Other: The Board congratulates FfÅA for turning 60 years old!