Membership service and counselling
Any membership-related issues you may have can be handled via FUURT’s e-service.
In our e-service, you can send us messages using a secure connection. Simply log in to access all of FUURT’s experts.
The e-service also contains information about your membership benefits and enables you to easily update membership details and pay membership fees.
The secure connection can also be used whenever you need to send us attachments containing personal information.
You can also contact us by phone:
Membership services: Monday–Thursday 9 a.m.–12 noon tel. +358 (0)207 589 619
The price for calls to numbers starting with (0)207 is 0.088 €/minute + VAT 24%.
Contact us by email: jasenpalvelu(at)tieteentekijat.fi
Telephone service is available on Tuesdays at 9 a.m. – noon and Thursdays at noon – 4 p.m., tel. +358 (0)207 589 621.
At other times please contact via e-services.
The Unemployment Fund for Education and Science helps in matters concerning earnings-related unemployment benefits.
Emails are form: firstname.lastname(at)fuurt.fi or firstname.lastname(at)tieteentekijat.fi
Address: The Finnish Union of University Researchers and Teachers (FUURT)
Rautatieläisenkatu 6, 00520 Helsinki
Data Protection Officer
Union board and shop stewards
Johanna Moisio, PhD
tel. 0207 589 612
- Direction of the operations of the Union
- Advocacy work
- Higher education and science policy
- Requests for opinions and nominations
- Promotion of interests: employment conditions
Elisa Rantoharju, MA
tel. 0207 589 624
- Support to the Executive Director and the President of the Union
- Event and meeting planning
Membership Service Specialist
tel. 0207 589 614
Miia Ijäs-Idrobo, PhD
tel. 0207 589 622
- Science and higher education policy
- Promotion of interests: early career researchers, grant researchers and mobility issues
- Salary counselling
- International cooperation
- Coordination of FUURT surveys
Please contact primarily via email (email@example.com).
Senior Adviser, Labour market policy
Nina Hahtela, PhD
tel. 0207 589 616
- Promoting the well-being of academics
- Labour market and employment policy
- Social security and pensions policy
- Seeking improvements to working conditions in higher education and research environments
- Equality and equal opportunity issues
- Protecting the interests of academics in universities of applied sciences
Veera Keski-Säntti, LLM
tel. 0207 589 621
Telephone service is available on Tuesdays at 9 a.m. – noon and Thursdays at noon – 4 p.m. At other times please contact Veera via e-services.
Sanna Hoikka, MBA
tel. 0207 589 613
- Financial planning and monitoring
- HR management
Head of Communications
tel. 0207 589 617
- Overall planning of communications
- Media connections and partnerships
tel. 0207 589 625
- Online communication
- Visual communication
- Coordination of internal communication
Head of Communications
Eevastiina Aho, MSc
On leave of absence until 1/2025.