- Guidance to members in Union membership matters
- Guidance to employers in member matters
- Maintaining the Union registers
Through the electronic membership service, you can easily update any changes to your contact details or employment relationship. You can also check and pay your membership fees in the service. The e-service is available 24/7 – whenever it suits you best.
Contact us by email: jasenpalvelu(at)tieteentekijat.fi
Telephone service for membership matters is available on Mon-Thu at 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. , tel. +358 (0)207 589 619
The price for calls to numbers starting with (0)207 is 0.088 €/minute + VAT 24%.
Telephone service is available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 9 a.m. – 16 p.m. , tel. +358 (0)207 589 621.
At other times please contact by email.
Read more about the legal counselling for members.
The Unemployment Fund for Education and Science helps in matters concerning earnings-related unemployment benefits.
Emails are form: firstname.lastname(at)fuurt.fi or firstname.lastname(at)tieteentekijat.fi
Address: The Finnish Union of University Researchers and Teachers (FUURT)
Rautatieläisenkatu 6, 00520 Helsinki
Data Protection Officer
Union board and shop stewards
President of the Union
Tero Karjalainen, PhD
UNION BOARD 2023
Johanna Moisio, PhD
tel. 0207 589 612
- Direction of the operations of the Union
- Advocacy work
- Higher education and science policy
- Requests for opinions and nominations
- Promotion of interests: employment conditions
Elisa Rantoharju, MA
tel. 0207 589 624
- Support to the Executive Director and the President of the Union
- Event and meeting planning
Membership Service Specialist
tel. 0207 589 614
Miia Ijäs-Idrobo, PhD
tel. 0207 589 622
- Science and higher education policy
- Promotion of interests: early career researchers, grant researchers and mobility issues
- Salary counselling
- International cooperation
- Coordination of FUURT surveys
Please contact primarily via email (email@example.com).
Senior Adviser, Labour market policy
Nina Hahtela, PhD
tel. 0207 589 616
- Promoting the well-being of academics
- Labour market and employment policy
- Social security and pensions policy
- Seeking improvements to working conditions in higher education and research environments
- Equality and equal opportunity issues
- Protecting the interests of academics in universities of applied sciences
Ira Laitakari-Svärd, MA
tel. 0207 589615
Sanna Hoikka, MBA
tel. 0207 589 613
- Financial planning and monitoring
- HR management
Head of Communications
Eevastiina Aho, MSc
- Overall planning of communications
- Media connections and partnerships
tel. 0207 589 625
- Online communication
- Visual communication
- Coordination of internal communication
Salla Viitanen, LLM, MA
On leave of absence until 10/2023.