BOARD MEETING 2/2021
- A review of the advocacy work and its themes for the start of the year was presented. It was noted that our municipal election themes have been well received and candidates have already come forward to be introduced on the Union’s municipal election website.
- The education export seminar, organised at the Educa event in co-operation with the Trade Union of Education in Finland OAJ, the Union of Professionals in Natural, Environmental and Forestry Sciences Loimu and the Finnish Union for University Professors, gathered a lot of participants.
- A new university tour has started in the form of Teams discussions led by the Executive Director.
- The Union’s social media and crisis communication guidelines were reviewed.
- A report on administrative autonomy in universities will be completed by the end of February and discussed by the Board.
- The Director of Advocacy presented a review of decisions in the university sector that are relevant for our members.
- Union working groups were set up: Information and open science and Early career researchers. A collective agreement working group will be set up in the autumn.
- The proposal for a programme for open science by the Union’s working group was discussed.
- Association obligations and schedules in the Union rules were reviewed. An association handbook to support activities will be completed in the spring.