The Union Board gathered for a meeting on Friday, 15 October in Pasila.
– Maarit Palonen, Counsellor of Education at the Ministry of Education and Culture, briefed the Board on the Ministry’s educational responsibility review and research funding outlook as well as how the personnel welfare goals set in university performance agreements are being monitored.
– The co-operation negotiations concerning the support services of Tampere University have begun.Director of Advocacy Mia Weckman is part of the background group set up by JUKO, Pro and JHL to support the chief shop stewards.
– Members had the opportunity to comment on their working terms and conditions from 27 September to 8 October 2021 and during a Teams discussion meeting on Tuesday, 5 October 2021 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. as part of the preparations for the next round of collective agreement negotiations.
– Executive Director Moisio briefed the Board on the key advocacy meetings and events. In addition, since the September Board meeting, the university tour has met with the Chair of the Board of the University of Oulu and with the management of the University of the Arts Helsinki, LUT University, University of Turku, University of Lapland, Tampere University and Åbo Akademi University.
– The Union is issuing an opinion on the draft for the Government proposal to the Parliament concerning the acts to amend the Copyright Act and section 184 of the Information Society Code as well as the draft for the monitoring model of open science by the Federation of Finnish Learned Societies. FUURT will deliver their opinion on the budget for 2022 to the Finance Committee’s Subcommittee for Education and Science during week 41. Union working groups and existing statements will be utilised in the preparation of the opinions.
– The preparation for changes to the Teachers’ Unemployment Fund’s rules has begun, with the Union being represented in the working group by Johanna Moisio.
– Association days are held on 15–16 October 2021.
– A webinar on copyright issues will be organised for members on 18 November 2021.
– FUURT representatives for the Akava and JUKO union meetings and YTN autumn meeting were selected.
– The Board was briefed on the reform of the Acatiimi magazine, which has been prepared in co-operation with two other publishing unions (YLL and the Finnish Union of University Professors), the editor and experts.
– The Board confirmed the Union’s travel rules.
– The Board decided to propose to the autumn union meeting that the rules concerning the Industrial action and legal protection fund be confirmed.
– The Board decided on a proposal to the union meeting concerning the membership fee for 2022 and the related collection method.
– Maija Mattila, D.Soc.Sc., has been hired to substitute for Senior Adviser Miia Ijäs-Idrobo from 28 October 2021 until 31 March 2023.
– The Board reviewed current issues concerning the boards of Akava and JUKO, including further action for the project to improve employment through wellbeing at work, alternative outlooks on the future of unemployment funds and common goals for the negotiation round. The Board also recognised that JUKO has decided to adopt the term “esihenkilö” for supervisors.