Training, courses and career coaching
Upcoming webinars in English
23.09. Self-compassion, by Krista Kohtakangas (at 6 PM)
14.10. Job search in Finland, by Heta Aali (at 3 PM)
02.12. Negotiation skills, by Petra Alijärvi (at 6 PM)
See for more information and sign up for our webinars in FUURT career portal! www.urapalvelut.fi/tieteentekijoidenliitto
Job search in Finland – webinar recordings
The Finnish Union of University Researchers and Teachers (FUURT) offers an online webinar course JOB SEARCH IN FINLAND to its members. The course is especially targeted to our non-Finnish members looking for a job or thinking about their different career options in Finland. But all who are interested in these topics, may join the course!
Schedule and topics of the course:
- Wednesday October 30, at 10.30-11.30: Employment contract and rights & duties of an employee, by Mia Weckman.
- Wednesday November 13, at 10.30-11.30: Academic job search in Finland, by Heta Aali.
- Wednesday November 27, at 10.30 – 11.30: How to thrive during job search? by Krista Kohtakangas.
The webinar recordings are available in the FUURT career portal.
International University event October 25, 2019: recording
The FUURT International Week took place on 21–25 October. The events of the week started in Turku and culminated in the International University seminar held at the Aalto University on 25 October. The recipient of the 2019 Academic of the Year award was announced at the start of the seminar. Guest speakers such as Ossi Naukkarinen (Vice President of the Aalto University), Olli-Poika Parviainen (State Secretary at the Ministry of the Interior) and Tiina Hanhike (Senior Adviser at the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment) were present to discuss the position of international researchers in Finland.
See the recording of the event here.
Career coaching to support job-seeking, career development and planning, and well-being
Career coaching is a service from which a union member can book a phone appointment with a career coach to discuss e.g. job-seeking, career development and planning, and well-being.
Each coaching is a 20-minute-long discussion with a professional career coach. A member can book a maximum of two coaching sessions. Coaching is available in Finnish, English, Swedish, Russian and Estonian. Career coaching is done in cooperation with UP! Partners.
If you are interested in making an appointment with a career coach, please be first in contact with union coordinator Miia Ijäs-Idrobo, miia.ijas(at)tieteentekijat.fi or tel. 0207 589 622.
Topics of career coaching include e.g.
Career development and job-seeking
- job-seeking, CV, job application and motivation letter, LinkedIn
- competence mapping
- social media in job seeking
- different career paths and goal setting
- support for managers and team leaders
Well-being of body and mind
- working capacity and mental well-being at work
- physical well-being and nutrition
Succeed as an entrepreneur
- starting your own business, advice for new entrepreneurs and self-employed