The University of Oulu Academics (UOA) is looking for members to form an International working group. The purpose of the group is to discuss and identify issues that foreign staff members face at the University of Oulu, and to work towards solutions.
Topics might include:
- The University of Oulu as a bi-lingual working environment and the role of Finnish and English as work languages
- Working life in Finland and the unique conditions of non-Finnish staff members
- Living in Finland and Finnish society
- Elevating the viewpoints of non-Finnish staff at the University of Oulu
- Working abroad (in Finland or elsewhere)
The group will be chaired by Andrew Pattison, who will relay information to the UOA board and, further, to The Finnish Union of University Researchers and Teachers (FUURT) nationally.
The group will set an action plan during its first meeting.
English is the working language of the group.
The working group may organize events, seminars and produce materials.
The group meetings and actions are funded by UOA.
Membership is open to all – Both Finnish and non-Finnish applicants are warmly welcomed
Deadline 23 February 23.45